Electrical Lineworker Program
Georgia Northwestern Technical College and Georgia Power have partnered to offer an Electrical Lineworker Program at the Polk County Campus in Rockmart. We encourage anyone interested in enrolling to review the program highlights, essential functions, and eligibility requirements and to apply. Applying to the Electrical Lineworker Program does not guarantee acceptance into a cohort. The cost to enroll in the Electrical Lineworker Program is $5,000. If you have any questions about the program, please email Economic Development.
Register for the Electrical Lineworker Program
Spring: January 23 – April 10, 2023 (Cohort Full)
Summer: To Be Determined (start date anticipated between May – July 2023). Apply Now!
Highlights & Essential Functions:
- 10-week training program
- Training takes place Mondays – Thursdays from 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Training takes place at GNTC's Polk County Campus in Rockmart, Georgia (466 Brock Road)
- Participants learn Lineworker organizational principles, workplace skills, and lineworker automation and occupational skills
Upon successful completion of the program, participants have the opportunity to earn an Electrical Lineworker Certificate, a restricted Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)*, and OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Card
*Class A CDL will be restricted to automatic line trucks due to equipment availability.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be 18 years old at the start of training
- Applicants must have a valid Driver’s License
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED
- Applicants must be able to read, write and speak English (the program is taught and delivered entirely in English)
- Applicants must be drug-free
- Applicants must climb and work suspended above ground up to 100 or 200 feet depending on the type of linework
- Applicants weigh no more than 270 pounds due to OSHA equipment restrictions
- Applicants must have the physical ability to lift equipment weighing 50-pounds or more
- Applicants are required to successfully complete a TABE test.
- Applicant must have the ability to earn a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)