This course meets the requirements for Joshua’s Law.
This course qualifies for the Teen Drivers Education Insurance discount (Georgia Code O.C.G.A. 33-9-42) offered by many insurance companies upon successful completion. Please verify with your insurance provider.
The Driver’s Education course consists of:
- 30-hour classroom instruction, and
- 6 hours of behind-the-wheel drive time with instructor
- 30-hour class and 6-hour behind-the-wheel drive time, $400
- 6-hour behind-the-wheel drive time only, $295
Class maximum is 24, first-come, first-served, so register at your earliest convenience!
Submit three requirements:
- Completed Registration Forms
- Copy of Learner's Permit
- Payment or Grant Scholarship Voucher* to the Continuing Education Office
*Georgia Northwestern Technical College is an authorized provider of the Georgia Driver’s Education Grant Scholarship Program administered through the Georgia Driver’s Education Commission (GDEC). On January 1, 2017, the GDEC began a new grant scholarship program in which students may apply for a driver’s education grant scholarship. Awarded grant scholarships are for the standard 30/6 Driver’s Ed course.
Step 1 – Apply for the Scholarship
Step 2 – Create an account using student as the username and student as the password
Step 3 – Forward your award email to Drivers Ed
Contact us at 706-764-3591, or email Drivers Ed.
- Chattooga County Education Center (Summerville) November 20, 21, 22, & 24, 2023
- Whitfield Murray Campus (Dalton) December 28, 29, 2023 & January 2, 3, 2024
- Walker County Campus (Rock Spring) January 2 - 5, 2024
- Catoosa County Campus (Ringgold) April 1 - 4, 2024
- Whitfield Murray Campus (Dalton) April 1 - 4, 2024
- Floyd County Campus (Rome) April 8 - 11, 2024