CARES Funds – Institutional Portion Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report - September 2020
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report - December 2020
September 16 – CARES Update
August 14 – CARES Update
July 23 – CARES Update
July 9 – CARES Update
As of July 9, 2020, GNTC has disbursed $885,875 to 1,865 students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. As additional students are identified as meeting the criteria, additional awards will be made.
June 2 – CARES Federal Reporting Requirements for HEERF Funds
Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GNTC) signed and returned the Recipient’s Funding Certification and Agreement Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act on April 27, 2020. GNTC intends to use the funds to provide the mandated amount of at least 50% of the emergency financial aid grants to students.
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College has received $1,591,180 from the Department of Education pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- As of June 2, 2020, Georgia Northwestern Technical College has disbursed $859,750 to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College has identified 1810 students who met the criteria and received the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. As additional students are identified as meeting the criteria, additional awards will be made.
- Students who were enrolled spring semester as of March 16, met eligibility requirements, and were not enrolled exclusively online were selected to receive an emergency grant. To determine how much grant money each student would receive, Georgia Northwestern Technical College took its total allotment of funds (less those retained for future disbursement) and divided it by the number of eligible students equally, awarding each student $475.00.
- In an effort to ensure students were aware of the emergency grant, an informational website was developed (this page).
May 28 – CARES Funds Being Distributed to Eligible Students
Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GNTC) has applied for and has been awarded federal funds under the CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act. Following the criteria provided by the Department of Education, GNTC has identified students who attended the spring semester who are eligible for relief funds. Refunds to eligible students will be automatic – with no action required by the student. Disbursement through BankMobile is underway and should be complete by early next week. Information regarding BankMobile may be found on GNTC’s Refund page.
Eligibility (this may change as we continue to receive guidance from the Department of Education):
- Still enrolled in at least 1 credit class after March 16
- Enrolled in an eligible program that leads to a certificate, diploma or degree
- Title IV eligible students only (must have completed a FAFSA for 19/20 aid year and all outstanding verification C codes on FAFSA cleared)
- Most current (spring) SAP code is good standing, warning, or approved academic plan standing
- Dual Enrollment student
- Foreign Students (includes DACA)
- Transient Students
- Defaulted on student loans, overpayments, or other loan restrictions
- Enrolled exclusively in online courses