How to Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid can be overwhelming. There is one main application that is used in the Financial Aid Office at Georgia Northwestern Technical College.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- The FAFSA applies for state and federal aid programs.
- Be sure to list GNTC’s school code on your FAFSA, 004024.
- You must file a FAFSA each year to be considered for financial aid.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer you and/or your parent’s tax information to your FAFSA. If you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool initially, you can go back and make corrections that may be required.
Georgia Scholarship/Grant Application (GSFAPPS)
- If you only wish to apply for the HOPE Grant/Scholarship Program, you can complete the GSFAAPS application.
Once your application has been received, the Financial Aid Office may require additional documentation. Please check your student email regularly and make sure you submit any additional documents as quickly as possible.