GNTC students place at national PBL competition
During a virtual awards ceremony, five Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GNTC) students were named as finalists in their Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) National Leadership Conference competitions.
According to Mark Upton, GNTC Marketing Management program director and PBL coordinator, GNTC’s Phi Beta Lambda chapter had more national top 10 finalists than any other chapter in the state.
“The most impressive thing about this group is that they competed twice, but have never been able to attend a competition because of COVID-19,” said Upton. “Despite this, they have remained committed and improved on their success at the competition.”
Listed below are GNTC’s national finalists including the student’s name, GNTC campus, competition and placement.
- Tatiana Edwards, Floyd County Campus (FCC), Retail Management, 10th place
- Amber Grant, FCC, Business Decision Making, 5th place
- Jose Gonzalez, FCC, Management Analysis and Decision Making, 3rd place
- Jose Gonzalez, FCC, Marketing Analysis and Decision Making, 10th place
- Zitlali Aguilar Moreno, Whitfield Murray Campus, Community Service Project, 8th place
- Jennifer Still, FCC, Insurance Concepts, 8th place
This is the second year in a row that Edwards and Grant finished in the top 10 in the PBL national competition.
Georgia Northwestern Technical College provides quality workforce education to the citizens of northwest Georgia. Students have the opportunity to earn an associate degree, diploma or a certificate in business, health, industrial or public service career paths. This past year, 11,820 people benefited from GNTC’s credit and noncredit programs. GNTC has an annual credit enrollment of 8,591 students and an additional enrollment of 3,229 people through adult education, continuing education, business and industry training and Georgia Quick Start. GNTC is a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia and an Equal Opportunity Institution.
# # #
Marketing Media Specialist