Georgia Northwestern Technical College was established in July 2009 from the merger of Coosa Valley Technical College (CVTC) and Northwestern Technical College (NTC). For over 45 years, both CVTC and NTC have been instrumental in providing quality workforce education to the citizens of Northwest Georgia. The tradition of excellence in workforce education will continue through Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GNTC). With an annual credit enrollment of 8,200 students, GNTC is the largest college in Northwest Georgia and the fifth largest technical college in the state of Georgia.
Facts about GNTC:
- GNTC is Northwest Georgia’s premier college for workforce development
- GNTC serves nine counties including Catoosa, Chattooga, Dade, Floyd, Gordon, Murray, Polk, Walker and Whitfield.
- GNTC has five convenient campus locations:
- Floyd County Campus - located in Rome, Georgia
- Gordon County Campus - located in Calhoun, Georgia
- Polk County Campus - located in Rockmart, Georgia
- Walker County Campus - located in Rock Spring, Georgia
- Whitfield Murray Campus - located in Dalton, Georgia
- GNTC offers close to 200 programs of study in the areas of business, health, industrial, and public service with choices of associate degrees, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit
- GNTC impacts over 16,000 Northwest Georgians each year
- Annual credit enrollment of 8,200 students
- Additional 8,000 enrollment of non-credit students utilizing resources available through adult education programs, continuing education, business and industry training, and Georgia Quick Start