Warehouse Shipping Operator A, Chattanooga, TN
MFG Chemical, LLC is seeking Warehouse Shipping Operators A in Chattanooga, TN.
Job title: Warehouse Shipping Operators A
Reports to: Shipping Supervisor/Plant Manager
Department: Shipping & Receiving
This role is responsible for all shipping and receiving duties and to prepare outgoing shipments and confirm shipment accuracy to ensure the correct shipment is shipped out to customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise shipping and receiving personnel and warehouse activities on their assigned shift
- Maintain warehouse in a neat and organized manner
- Assure that shipping and receiving personnel follow safety procedures and use the proper safety equipment for all tasks on their assigned shift.
- Assure that warehouse personnel maintain proper records, logs and/or charts for materials received or shipped on their assigned shift.
- Assure that all warehouse personnel work in accordance with appropriate policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be certified to operate various types of transportation equipment including trucks, trailers and tank wagons.
- Participate in Driver Certification Program that provides training for new employees in the operation of transportation equipment used at MFG Chemical.
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities that relate to transportation and materials handling equipment.
- Assure that warehouse area is kept clean and orderly. This includes trucks, trailers, tank wagons, forklifts and floors.
- This position reports directly to the Shipping Supervisor.
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this job include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possess basic mathematical skills.
- Extensive knowledge warehousing practices and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Physically able to drive company vehicles
- Competent reading and speaking English language
- Must remain cleaned shaved at all times as a requirement of the job to wear the required and proper PPE (respirator).
- Possess a valid driver’s license preferable, with a CDL endorsement.
- Not disqualified under the Federal Motor Carrier Administration Part 391.15
- Ability to comply with all mandatory Environmental, Health, & Safety and process specific
- Ability to safely operate an industrial fork truck required
Preferred: DOT HazMat Transportation Highway Carrier Certification
This position has exposure to the chemical production area of the plant. Harts hats and safety glasses are required on the production floor and area at all times. Must be able to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 32°F up to 105°F as well as work outside in all weather conditions.
Physical demands consisting primarily of standing, and walking. 25% sitting, 75% walking/standing, and minimum lifting requirements under 65 lbs. from the knees and waist.
Position Requirements: Physical requirements involve 25% sitting, 75% walking/standing, and minimum requirements under 65 lbs. from the knees and waist.
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects tools or controls
- See and hear in the normal range with or without correction
- Communicate and be understood verbally and in written form
- Able to work in a non-smoking, tobacco-free site.
No direct reports.
Interested applicants should visit the MFG Chemical, LLC website or contact Career Services for more information.