Stationary PFE Mechanic, Multiple Locations
AMS, partnered with Delta Air Lines, is seeking a Stationary Ground Support Equipment mechanic at multiple locations.
Potential Full Time Employee (PFE) - Stationary
Location: Multiple (ATL, LGA, JFK)
Job Type: Entry Level-Potential Full Time Employee
The Potential Full-time Employee (PFE) program supports the aviation transportation industry client with contract employees. You will receive formal training and undergo a 6-12 month on the job development & evaluation process. The PFE program offers the opportunity for new graduates and entry level mechanics to refine their skills and determine whether the client is a good employment fit to fill open Ground Maintenance Mechanic (GMM) positions.
Stationary PFE Job Summary:
The Potential Full Time Employee performs as a semi-skilled mechanic in maintenance of Stationary Ground Support Equipment (GSE). This position is responsible for utilizing appropriate tooling, equipment and material to accomplish maintenance functions including but not limited to the following: inspections, minor troubleshooting, repairing, removing and replacing components on all GSE functions. The Potential Full Time Employee will be responsible for working on stationary equipment: water cabinets, loading bridges, air handling systems, baggage conveyor systems, 400hz gate power. The Potential Full Time Employee may also assist a Ground Maintenance Lead Technician or a Ground Maintenance Technician on stationary ground support equipment as needed. Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures at all times.
Stationary Ground Support Equipment:
Passenger Loading Bridges, Stationary Air Conditioning, Baggage Conveyor Systems, Ground Power, Water Cabinets
Perform all routine and non-routine maintenance on passenger loading bridges interior, exterior, console, and dock lights. This will include bulb and lens replacement. Any electrical issues such as ballast and or fixture replacements will be reported to GSE Supervision. Interior and exterior painting.
Air Handling System
Perform all routine and non-routine maintenance on air handler hoses, adapters, air filters, condensate pans, and indicator bulbs and lenses. Any inoperative units need to be reported to GSE Supervision.
Baggage Conveyor Systems
Perform all routine and non-routine maintenance on gear boxes, bearings and shafts, roller replacements, belt re-lacing and belts replacements. Staff baggage handling system (BHS) control rooms as well as reconciling bag jams to keep BHS flowing.
400HZ Gate Power
Perform all routine and non-routine adjustment of ground power cables and associated clamping/saddles. Any inoperative units/retract reels need to be reported to GSE Supervision .
Perform all routine (PMI’s), non-routine, emergency, and heavy maintenance of the water cabinets. Any electrical issues such as inoperative motors, switches, heat strips and or light fixture replacements will be reported to GSE Supervision.
Component Repair and Build-up
Perform small component repair and build-up of non-specialized components on specialized equipment. The components are but not limited to: air conditioning adapters, water cabinet adapters, baggage carrousel bumpers, and dock light controllers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and apply information found in technical documents and manuals
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including fixed or rotating shifts, both indoors and outdoors, include traveling, overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must achieve a satisfactory score on entry tests structured to determine ability to perform required tasks
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job
- Candidate should have a minimum of 6 months experience and/or training in industrial powered mechanical environment and have a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to industrial powered systems
- Candidate should have their own tools
In order for one to be eligible for this position, they need to have lived in the United States for at least the past 5 years. Additionally, this position requires candidate to successfully pass an extensive criminal background check, and all information provided will be verified. Any discrepancy will result in immediate disqualification. Candidate must also successfully pass a drug and hearing test (audiogram) in addition to successfully passing a background check.
Interested candidates should email Career Services for more information and a direct link to the online job application.