Georgia Broadband Deployment Initiative
- Is your home internet too slow?
- Do you lose a cellphone signal when you are walking around in your home?
- Can you get videos on your smartphone, but it takes a long time to download?
- Then we need you!
- Take a Speedtest and help internet service providers and mobile phone carriers know where Georgians need better connectivity!
What it is:
Governor Brian P. Kemp has announced that the Georgia Broadband Deployment Initiative (GBDI) is conducting the Speedtest® by Ookla® pilot project statewide through August. This project is designed to equip school leaders with the clearest picture possible of internet connectivity for Georgia’s students and teachers for the upcoming school year.
What we need:
Georgians are encouraged to download the free Ookla Speedtest app (Android or iOS-Apple) to the various devices that they use to connect to the internet (smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers) and take several tests in the places where connectivity is important to them. The easy-to-use Speedtest, along with the information available at the Broadband Initiative website, will assist school leaders as they plan for their digital learning strategies.
How to participate:
Speedtest Directions (data rates may apply):
- For mobile devices, download the Speedtest app from these links:
- Android Once installed on your device, open and click “GO” (you can also turn on the “Speedtest” function in your “Settings” if you are using an Android device.
- iOS (Apple) Once installed on your device, open and click “GO”
- For laptops and computers – connected to your home or business internet service:
- Go to Speedtest and click “GO”
Please complete these tests before August 31, 2020.
Thank you for your participation!