Manual Grinder Machinist, Chattanooga, TN
Industrial Plating is seeking a CNC and Manual Grinder Machinist in the Chattanooga, TN area.
Summary: Industrial Plating is looking for a grinder machinist to join their machining team in Chattanooga, TN. This position is responsible for grinding and machining operations while ensuring safety, quality, productivity, and 5S goals are achieved within the area. The role includes machining and grinding materials including steel, stainless steel, hard chrome, ceramic, and tungsten carbide coatings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Operates a variety of manual machining equipment including cylindrical grinders, lathes, and mills.
- Operates machine tools in the machining and finishing of precision machine parts.
- Must have the ability to operate precision equipment to hold tight tolerances (+/- 0.0002 - +/- .001") and to achieve the proper surface finish in accordance with customer specifications and/or engineering drawings.
- Proficiency in reading micrometers, using dial indicators, calipers, and other measurement instruments.
- Measure thickness, diameter, and total indicated run out across multiple surfaces of industrial parts
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and follow work instructions
- Ability to work both collaboratively as a team and remain on task independently
- Aptitude for concentrating on minor details
- Experience working in an industrial environment – 3 years minimum
- Must pass Pre-Employment testing and a drug screen. Background Check is performed after employment offers.
Special Requirements and Considerations:
- CNC Programming experience with G-code and M-code a plus
- Basic machine shop education or equivalent on the job experience
- Precision Measuring Instruments education
- Read and interpret blue prints, dimensions and tolerances.
- Experience Grinding of Hard Chrome, Ceramic, or Carbide coatings a plus.
- Medical, dental, vision, and company paid life insurance available the 1st of the month after one full month of employment. Short- and long-term disability company paid for after six full months.