Maintenance Technician, Atlanta, GA
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing all repairs, adjustments, overhauls, or preventive maintenance tasks on various types of laundry, or boiler room equipment; Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical and electronic problems quickly, and accurately with a sense of urgency. Additionally, will perform any necessary plumbing, carpentry, welding, or electrical tasks.
- Uses knowledge of industrial maintenance to repair, modify, or make new parts for any mechanical equipment; requires visual and audible analysis of equipment to determine necessary repairs, requires the ability to perceive color to distinguish color-coded wiring schemes.
- Uses periods of concentration and attention to manually set up and use 250 amp electrical welder; involves working in a laundry plant environment with exposure to lint, high temperatures, and cold weather.
- Perform “lead” functions by directing the activities and organizing personnel, equipment, and materials; evaluating the performance of employees in order to control the quality and quantity of work being performed, and assure completion of work assignments in a correct and timely manner.
- Perform skilled mechanical/electrical work to troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain, repair, modify, and install machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe, and electrical systems in an automated commercial laundry facility following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment, replace defective parts and motors, and adjust feed mechanisms.
- Operate machinery and equipment to determine the cause and extent of component or system failure through testing, visual inspection, and listening for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions.
- Provide training, guidance, and technical assistance to Maintenance Technician Level I and II.
- Properly and safely shut down the plant.
- Accurately and completely go through morning startup procedures for the plant; maintain and complete proper log and work orders.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease guns, or other appropriate tools and/or equipment.
- Install, align, tension, and maintain chain and sprocket drives, gear drives, belt drives, flexible couplings, pillow block bearings, shaft assemblies, brake assemblies, and pulleys.
- Troubleshoot, operate and maintain and/or repair electrical and wiring systems to include but to limited to: program or repair automated machinery and equipment such as electronic components of machinery, equipment, and facilities.
- Have working knowledge and understanding of HAZMAT, MSDs, EPA, and OSHA requirements. Know proper reporting of an accident or emergency. Use appropriate tools for the job and comply with all company safety policies. Wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required or necessary.
- Safely operate forklifts/man lifts and always wear proper safety equipment/harness.
- Maintains an ongoing self-improvement program to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance procedures.
- Perform preventative maintenance daily, when “Engineer on duty.”
- Reports to and collaborates with the management of the facility-related issues.
- Sets and maintains a professional work environment with staff.
- Understand, observe, and adhere to all safety procedures and policies.
- Assist and perform other duties as assigned.
- High School, GED, or equivalent plus 1-2 years related experience.
- Possess electrical, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, hydraulic, pneumatic, and welding skills.
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze electrical, mechanical schematics, block diagrams, and flow charts.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoops, push, stand, pull, and lift heavy loads and walk for long periods.
- Must be computer literate and understand PLC principles.
- Have working knowledge and understanding of HAZMAT and OSHA requirements.
- Demonstrated customer service, people, leadership, and organization skills with a track record of achieving positive business results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualified applicants email resume to Howard Ardent, Talent Acquisition Specialist.