Maintenance Tech, Dalton, GA
Q.E.P. is seeking a second and third shift Maintenance Tech at its Dalton, GA facility.
Q.E.P. is a leading global provider of high quality, innovative and value-driven flooring and installation solutions. QEP manufactures, markets and sells a comprehensive line of hardwood, porcelain, SPC, vinyl, carpet tile and laminate flooring, installation tools, adhesives, and other flooring-related products for the professional installer and do-it-yourselfer. Founded in 1979, QEP is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida with offices in Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. They have an opportunity available for a 2nd and 3rd Shift Maintenance Tech at their Dalton, Georgia facility.
Hours for this position are:
2nd Shift Monday - Friday, 11am-7:30pm
3rd Shift Monday – Thursday, 8:30pm-7am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install electrical conduit, wiring, outlets, fixtures, motors and other production and facility equipment.
- Test and maintain equipment using an ammeter.
- Perform skilled maintenance activities on equipment to include boiler, water softener, compressor, air dryer, mixer and pailing equipment.
- Check and repair pumps, fans, valves and motors.
- Lubricate production equipment and prepare accurate records for preventative maintenance for forklifts, adhesive, tape and presses.
- Maintain and upgrade equipment and facilities using multiple skills, both natural and acquired, as needed to complete the job.
- Assist machine operators in coordination of their work, tooling setup and operation of production equipment.
- Analyze problems, make decisions, and take necessary action.
- Utilize basic control of equipment skills to perform complete job – no safety compromises.
- Perform housekeeping and other duties required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred;
One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple sentences. Comprehend, interpret and work with blueprints. Comprehend complicated technical equipment manuals.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to calculate a wide array of complicated measurements.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, ability to learn the methods of various tasks, ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally/frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee regularly works in high, precarious places. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
QEP offers a highly competitive total compensation package with comprehensive flexible benefits. New employees are eligible for benefits the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
Interested applicants should visit the Q.E.P. website, or contact Career Services for more information.