Licensed Practical Nurse, Rome, GA
Riverwood Senior Living is seeking an LPN in Rome, GA.
This position coordinates and provides nursing care for residents and provides supervision and guidance to clinical staff members. Scope of work may be modified by state specific rules under The Nurse Practice Act.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Documents the resident’s condition and nursing needs.
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
- Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with the resident’s needs and the person’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates junior staff members and C N A’s.
- Administers medications and performs treatments for assigned resident’s and documents that treatment as required by Regency, state and federal regulations.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
- Ensures that supplies are utilized economically and that equipment is clean and maintained in a safe manner.
- Reports and records pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents.
- Coordinates nursing care of residents when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in residents.
- Participates in counseling, disciplinary action and termination of staff, to the extent permitted by state practice act.
- Supervises nursing unit/hall, which includes scheduling and directing staff to extent permitted by state practice act.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Promotes interpersonal relationships and develops staff morale.
- Assures that inventory and supplies are maintained on the unit/hall and communicates need for housekeeping, maintenance and dietary assistance.
- Answer resident call lights and ensure that all residents are checked frequently.
- Any suspected abuse must be reported to the Director of Nursing/Administrator immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience
- Graduate of accredited LPN/LVN School of Nursing
- Valid LPN/LVN license in this state
- Valid CPR certification.
- One year experience in nursing preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled in motivating and directing the workforce.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the residents and their family members, and at all levels of the facility.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Customer Service Requirements
- Solicits resident/family feedback to understand their needs and the needs of the community.
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- Be responsible by taking ownership of Quality Care that shows dedication to serving our resident’s lives through empathy and compassion.
- Demonstrate commitment to interpersonal excellence through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Enriches the facility culture by having fun.
- Recognizes the benefit of team collaboration. Shows respect for fellow employees by working together to get the job done.
- Effectively addresses resident/family members concerns and resolves conflict in a manner that is fair to all.
To apply, interested candidates should navigate to Riverwood's website or contact Career Services for additional information.