Jail Officer, Rome, GA
The Floyd County Sheriff's Office is looking for Jail Officers for Rome, GA.
Department: Sheriff's Office
Position/Title: Jail Officer
Hiring Range: $14.20 - $14.91
Salary Range: $14.20 - $22.73
Job Summary: The purpose of this classification is to provide and maintain security, safety, care, and control of inmates, detention facility, and facility equipment.
- Supervises and controls inmates within the institution.
- Maintains security of institution and grounds, including observing and searching for contraband.
- Supervises inmate activities.
- Assists in dispensing medication to inmates.
- Settles disputes between inmates.
- Assists in inmate counts.
- Checks doors for security; inspects for unusual, illegal, or unsafe activity and emergencies.
- Conducts shakedowns to seize contraband material and weapons.
- Assists in processing inmates in and out.
- Directs work of trustees; operates lock systems.
- Takes custody of new inmate arrivals, escorts inmates to various parts of the jail facility, conducts GCIC/NCIC check on arrestee, inputs data, and retrieves intelligence information from the computer system.
- Insures each inmate has appropriate bedding, linen, personal hygiene items, food, and sanitation items
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Must possess a valid driver's license, be at least 18 years of age, no state or federal convictions punishable by imprisonment in federal or state prisons, and no misdemeanor convictions sufficient to establish a pattern of disregard for the law. Must have no convictions of Family Violence Crimes. Must attain and maintain P.O.S.T. Basic Jail Officer Certification within six (6) months of hire.
Benefits: Health/major medical, dental, long-term disability, employer-paid pension, paid holidays, paid vacation-annually, paid sick, incentive pay & longevity pay, and employer-paid wellness clinic.
To apply, visit the City of Rome / Floyd County government website to apply or email Career Services.