IT Intern/Computer Operations Specialist, Atlanta, GA
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges in Atlanta, GA is seeking an Intern/Computer Operations Specialist for the IT Department to transition to full-time.
The Computer Operations Specialist is responsible for serving as the primary contact for the Computer Operations Help Desk, assisting SACSCOC staff and institutional representatives with issues related to the SACSCOC Salesforce Data Management System, assisting with the setup and configuration of new hardware and software as needed, and assisting the Director and Coordinator of Computer Operations with their responsibilities. Other responsibilities include developing and maintaining documentation of the Data Management System. The Computer Operations Specialist reports to the Director of Computer Operations.
The following examples are illustrative of the duties assigned to this position, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical support to SACSCOC staff and institutional representatives to develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards;
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content;
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights into language that sets our users up for success;
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications;
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office; proven ability to relate well to all the constituencies of the Commission, including SACSCOC staff; ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics; ability to plan, coordinate, and implement major projects. Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce preferred. Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
Minimum Education and Experience
An earned Associate’s degree in information technology or computer programming, or a related field, from an accredited institution is required. Additionally, two years or more experience in the information systems field providing technical writing/help desk within the Windows environment is preferred.
Qualified candidates should email resume to Rita Bell.