Industrial Controls Technician, Cleveland, TN
Duracell is seeking an Industrial Controls Technician in Cleveland, TN.
Duracell is an iconic brand and the world’s leading manufacturer of high-performance alkaline batteries, power cells, and rechargeables.
Industrial Control Technicians are responsible for providing electrical and instrumentation support to the plant by testing, troubleshooting, repairing all types of electronic equipment. These include PLC based machine controls, AC/DC motors and drives, sensors, computer controls, HMI’s, and plant power systems. Work is characterized by the exercise of a large amount of independent judgment with minimal supervision
As an ICT, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be capable of independent judgment. Possess effective and timely decision-making skills
- Must be medically capable of wearing respiratory equipment for up to 100% of work time.
- Must wear other personal protective equipment (gloves, hardhat, 40cal Arc Flash Suite etc.) as departmental policies, NFPA arc flash and shock hazard standards, or job tasks dictate.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme weather temperatures and outside elements for up to 100% of work time.
- Must be medically capable and tolerant of entering confined space areas.
- Must be able to meet qualification requirements to operate a man lift. Must be able to perform work at heights and utilize fall protection equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work required overtime to cover vacations and weekend production shifts (average 30-35 hours per month).
- Must have good computer skills and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be willing/able to work safely in high voltage areas (120/208/240v and 277/480v).
- Must be willing to work any shift assigned (days or nights).
Additional ICT abilities preferred:
- Possess basic knowledge of electronics/electrical theories, principle equipment, components, including digital circuitry, AC/DC theory, microprocessors, and logic systems.
- Possess the analytical ability and manual dexterity to effect repairs by using multimeters, ammeters and other electrical testing devices.
- Possess the analytical ability to use elementary diagrams, logic diagrams, technical manuals, and/or engineering instructions to determine wiring location and electrical configuration of equipment to identify root causes of electrical malfunctions.
- Ability to work effectively in areas with many distractions.
- Possess the manual dexterity to use clean up tools. Must be willing to adapt to "other duties".
- Position requires climbing ladders & stairs, some lifting, walking, sitting, bending and stooping.
Education & Experience
Please consider applying if you have:
- Have either a 2-year degree or have completed all of the core electrical courses for a 2-year degree in Electromechanical/Mechatronics Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related electrical or machine controls field of study, OR 2-5 years working as an Industrial Controls Technician.
- Military Training equivalent will be also considered as well.
- Have the desire and willingness to provide excellent customer support.
- Capability of using independent judgement and possess effective and timely decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with fellow Electrical Techs concerning technical work performed. Must be able to read and write adequately to record advanced technical work completed.
- Ability to address/analyze problems and work effectively across organizational boundaries to bring about problem resolutions.
- A good attendance record and viewed as a reliable employee.
- Willing to travel for specialized training. Travel is an essential but relatively minor job component. Total travel is expected to be a maximum of 5% of the job time.
To apply for this position, please visit the Duracell website or contact Career Services for more information.