GNTC’s Continuing Education division provides training opportunities for individuals looking to grow and advance their skills for the workplace. Whether you want to explore a different career path or further improve your skills, continuing education has a lot to offer. Our knowledgeable instructors, with years of relatable industry experience, are ready and eager to help you succeed.
- Technical Skills
- Workplace Safety
- Professional Development
- Computer Skills
- Heartsaver First Aid & CPR AED
For more information regarding Continuing Education courses and the information provided, please contact Patty Hart, Director of Economic Development.
Open Enrollment Courses
GNTC promotes and offers professional continuing education courses through its Open Enrollment Courses.
Self-Study Online Courses
Ed2Go - Learn new personal and professional skills online!
Ed2Go is one of the early pioneers of online distance education that offers two types of online experiences: short-term instructor-led courses and advanced career training programs. Upon passing the training, participants will receive a certificate of completion.
- Fundamental Courses - each course is instructor-led and has an expert to answer questions. Highly interactive, these courses last six to eight weeks and are composed of 12 lessons representing 24 hours of instruction. Courses range from personal interest to personal development classes. Pick the class for you at Ed2Go Fundamental Courses.
- Advanced Career Training Courses - everything offered in the fundamental course and more! Advanced career training programs can be completed in less than six months. Facilitators and mentors are available to answer questions and assist with your studies. Career counselors will help you prepare for the transition from the classroom to the workplace. Courses are self-paced, and all materials, workbooks, and software are included in the course fee. What are you waiting for? Pick the course for you at Ed2Go Career Training.
Real Estate, Appraisal, & Home Inspection Courses
GNTC has partnered with TheCEShop and Mibition to offer online training to satisfy the continuing education requirements for licenses, as well as exam preparation for inspections and real estate. Below are links to enroll in the appropriate courses.
- Enroll in Sales Pre-License Course(s)
- Enroll in Broker Pre-License Course(s)
- Enroll in Sales Post-License Course(s)
- Enroll in Continuing Education License Renewal Course(s)
- Enroll in Georgia/National Real Estate License Exam Prep
- Enroll In Real Estate Appraiser Course(s)
- Enroll in Georgia Online Home Inspection Course
- View a complete listing of courses
GNTC promotes and offers professional continuing education courses through its Open Enrollment Schedule.
ACT WorkKeys® Assessments
WorkKeys® assesses your “real world” skills. Core assessment measures skills in Workplace Documents (replaced Reading for Information), Applied Mathematics, and Graphic Literacy (replaced Locating Information), three skills that are highly important to the majority of jobs in the workplace. WorkKeys® measures skills that employers consider essential to success on the job. Having a skills credential that is locally and nationally recognized facilitates job placement, retention, and advancement. Scores are available at the end of the testing session.
- Photo ID and payment are required at the time of testing.
- Please email us at Economic Development or by calling 706-764-3591 to schedule an appointment.
- $75.00 for all three Standard Assessments: Workplace Documents, Applied Mathematics, & Graphic Literacy
- Single assessments (for example if you want to re-take one part to get a better score) are as follows: One - $30.00, Two - $55.00, Three - $75.00
Georgia Pest Control Exam
The Georgia Department of Agriculture and the Structural Pest Control Commission has partnered with the Technical College System of Georgia to offer computerized administration of the Structural Pest Control Examinations. Examinees can take the following three types of examinations listed below:
- Employee Registration Examination
- Commercial Examination
- Certification Examination
For more information concerning qualifications to take these exams please review the Georgia Pest Exam website.
- Schedule your exam by going to the Georgia Pesticide Exam site. Make note of your selected campus, date, and time.
- Print your application and acquire all applicable signatures. This document may be uploaded as an attachment during the registration process below.
- Payment may be made upon arrival on the test date with a credit/debit card. If pre-registering, be sure to select the same campus for which you scheduled through the GA Pest Exam website.
- On the test date, please bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Your application with all applicable signatures will be required upon arrival on the test date if not previously uploaded during the registration process.
- Results will be provided immediately following test completion.