CAD and Manufacturing Drafter 1, Calhoun, GA
Tarkett Sports is seeking a Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing Drafter 1 in the Calhoun, GA area.
Position Title: Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing Drafter 1
Department: Logo Drafting
Reports to: Drafting Manager
Date of Last Revision: 03/13/2020
Summary - General Purpose of Job
Highly motivated and organized individual that can work in a fast-paced environment. Draws sports field and landscape artificial turf areas using specialized computer and software. Translates drawings into machine language and provide communication to manufacturing that details the construction of artificial turf elements. Position works under close supervision of drafting management.
The CAD / CAM drafter is an entry-level position and is primarily responsible for creating drawings from existing drawings or concept pictures. The CAD / CAM drafter receives projects and works from a schedule of projects assigned. A CAD CAM professional is responsible for storage of equipment, tools drawings and maintenance of job folders using a method as per company’s standard and procedures. A CAD CAM professional creates design solutions and is responsible for design concept. A CAD CAM professional uses Tool design for assembly operations and uses control sensors for electronic interface. A CAD CAM professional should be conversant with design and detailing of Water Jet tool devices. It is the responsibility of a CAD CAM professional to ensure the quality of the work by using various measurement methods and equipment. A CAD CAM professional should maintain relevant project information on regular basis using Shop Floor. A CAD CAM professional proposes solution and tool design for assembly tools and prepares the production drawing for tool components and bills of material. A CAD CAM professional also has to perform file management using Windows Server and local MRP system. A CAD CAM professional is responsible for preparing the documentation and the algorithm for the design process. An entry-level CAD CAM professional should have an associate degree in Computer Drafting and Design (Crossing)
Job Summary: Ability to communicate professionally and demonstrate effective influential design intentions to manufacturing. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Technical aptitude and strong computer skills, with the ability to maneuver through several operating systems and multiple programs. Must have strong work ethic, be well organized, and reliable. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Certification in Computer Drafting and Design preferred.
Under limited supervision and limited decision-making:
- Logo Approval: Create drawing(s) that describes the finished good intent with all the information required for a customer to make an informed decision regarding the product they intend to receive. A logo approval should include:
- Quality constraints that confirm within physical limitations a product is expected to meet within specified tolerances
- Overall dimensions of height and width
- Material Specifications
- Drawing controls that adhere to strict ISO requirements for manufacturing
- Logo Cut Preparation: Cut logos in a method that reduces waste and facilitates the best method for manufacturing assembly. Use standard guidelines and prevent complications in manufacturing assembly by understanding issues that complicate the assembly of logos.
- CAM Process: Utilizing SigmaNest or IGEMS CAM software create CNC files that maximize material consumption while reducing turf waste as defined by manufacturing objectives that are consistent with company waste requirements.
- Logo Detail / Assembly Drawing: Create logo assembly detail drawings that are easily interpreted. Drawings will detail information needed to correctly assemble and package finished goods into predetermined rolls.
- Manufacturing Order Communication: Communicate through e-mail and ProjectMates the finished good logos that are being ordered.
- Follow the predefined sequence of objectives outlined in the Logo Checklist to ensure that logo orders are complete and constructed the manner intended.
- Pre-Work Logos that are required for future projects to collect square footage requirements and material requirements.
- Support manufacturing requests to support daily operations as directed by management or supervisor.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Assist in the accomplishment of Company goals.
- Helps other employee to accomplish Company goals.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by director of operations.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
Education and/or Experience Requirements
Level 4: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Tarkett Core Competencies
- Customer Focus – Ability to have a true, in-depth understanding of internal or external customer needs, to address these needs as a priority in an appropriate and efficient manner and to seek for solutions and improvement that will benefit both parties
- Results Orientation - Ability to strive towards achieving ambitious goals, whatever the context and constraints, always in line with the business strategy and company values. This includes strong tenacity to difficulties and opposition, and the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
- Leadership - Ability to develop and communicate a clear vision, to foster people engagement and alignment to strive towards ambitious targets and gain their co-operation. This implies creating a sense of ownership across the organization, using own personal courage to bring out the best in people.
- Collaborative Working - Ability to work co-operatively with all counterparts towards a shared, common goal, and to communicate in a clear and easy way. This implies valuing others' roles and contributions, reacting positively to needs and feedback from colleagues, fostering an open dialogue and contributing to beneficial resolution of problems.
- Analysis & Decision-making - Ability to understand complex situations, identifying root causes, critical parameters and interrelationships, even with limited information. Secondly, ability to generate alternative solutions, taking account of all relevant factors, and to eventually come to a timely, Simple, applicable decision. This implies involving others as appropriate, thinking ahead and remaining open to innovative ideas and approaches
- Interpersonal Effectiveness - Ability to interface with others in a constructive and efficient way in all circumstances, keeping selfcomposure. This implies developing a good understanding of own and others' strengths and limitations and the ability to regulate own and others' behaviors, particularly in face of challenges and resistance.
- Organizing & Planning - Ability to establish priorities based on their importance and urgency, and to develop clear, efficient action plans to achieve goals. This implies anticipating issues, establishing contingencies and effectively utilizing and assembling resources (time, tools, and people) to accomplish a task.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be knowledgeable at:
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet,graphics, & AutoCAD.
Level 3: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Level 5: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level 5: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually:
Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates are encouraged to reach out by email to Maria Torres, HR Generalist, or by calling 706-383-5825 ext. 106. Interested candidates are always welcome to email Career Services for additional information as well.