Construction Labor Assistant, Greater Chattanooga/North GA
Your 4 Walls and Designs is seeking a Construction Labor Assistant to work in the Greater Chattanooga/North GA area.
Job Title: Construction Labor Assistant
Reports to: President of Your 4 Walls and Designs
This position will be responsible for assisting with all Construction work during the work day on the job site as required by the lead Manager. He/She will also be responsible for implementing and sustaining safe, high quality work standards each day.
Essential Duties and Other Responsibilities:
- Assist the Construction Manager with daily assignments as required.
- Follow all instructions given by upper management; Construction Manager, etc.
- Improve construction lead times in a safe manner while achieving high quality standards.
- Apply lean methodologies for improving construction processes. (5-Y process)
- Assist Standardize and improve construction workflow and processes. Using the VMB board.
- Assist with implement tracking and improving common metrics for construction efficacy, accuracy, and error reduction.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 years Technical or equivalated in the Construction field
- 1 year experience in AutoCAD (helpful)
- Ability to work with power tools
- Ability to read and understand a tape measure
- Must have data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret customer prints and documents.
- Ability to write routine reports in a professional manner.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole, fractional and decimal numbers.
- Apply general understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Handle problems involving variables in a standardized situation.
- Ability to make decisions and know when/where to make concessions.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Walk, must be able to move about inside the manufacturing and office and on a construction site or outside of the manufacturing facility during all seasons.
- Use hands/fingers to feel, must be able to operate computers, machinery, dimensional equipment.
- Sit and stand, must be able to work at a stationary desk that may require sitting or standing.
- Standing on concrete floor and uneven terrain will be required frequently.
- Talk/hear, must be able to communicate with operators and management frequently and exchange accurate information.
- Noisy (when in shop or on the job site)
- Non-Air-Conditioned work area
- No foul language
- No smoking on job site or customer’s property
- Day travel may be required on occasion
- Based on experience
Interested applicants should email their resumes to Mr. Jerry Lawson.