GED Testing Information
The General Educational Development Test (GED® Test) is designed to measure the academic skills and knowledge in core content areas acquired in high school completion. A GED® Credential is issued by the State of Georgia through the Technical College System of Georgia to those adults who pass a series of four tests in the following subject areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA), 150 minutes
- Mathematical Reasoning (Math), 115 minutes
- Science, 90 minutes
- Social Studies, 75 minutes
The fee for GED® Testing is $160 for the full test or $40 per content area. However, test preparation services offered through the Adult Education Program are free. Preregistration is required, and a government-issued photo ID is necessary for registration. Visit GED® credential to learn more, or call 1-800-94 MY GED.
Testing at GNTC
The GED test is available to take from home 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You will need a computer, webcam, and reliable internet to take the test. No tablets or phones allowed.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements in Georgia
One of the following forms is required each time you enter a testing center during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- TCSG COVID-19 Under-age Consent 7.28.2020 – Students 16 and 17 years of age are considered under-age and must have the consent of a parent or guardian to test.
- TCSG COVID-19 Waiver 7.28.2020 – Required for all test-takers 18 years and over.