How to Apply for Benefits
Applying for Veteran Benefits:
- Apply online at Veterans Affairs
- Visit your nearest VA Regional Office
- Call 1-888-442-4551 to request an application be mailed to you
Applying for Tuition Assistance:
- Seek and obtain approval from ESO, education advisor, or installation commander prior to enrolling or submitting an admissions application to Georgia Northwestern Technical College.
- Visit GoArmyEd to create an account
- Create your "Course Planner" in GoArmyEd
- Register for classes in BannerWeb
- Request Tuition Assistance on GoArmyEd
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid can be overwhelming. There is one main application that is used in the Financial Aid Office at Georgia Northwestern Technical College.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- The FAFSA applies to state and federal aid programs.
- Be sure to list GNTC’s school code on your FAFSA, 004024.
- You must file a FAFSA each year to be considered for financial aid.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer you and/or your parent’s tax information to your FAFSA. If you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool initially, you can go back and make corrections that may be required.
Georgia Scholarship/Grant Application (GSFAPPS)
- If you only wish to apply for the HOPE Grant/Scholarship Program, you can complete the GSFAAPS application.
- Sam and Mae Byrd and Jake Puryear Scholarship - The Jake Puryear Detachment 1020, Marine Corps League is in its fifth year of awarding a college scholarship program available to high school seniors or current college enrollees. Applicants for the $1,000 scholarship must be a spouse, child, grandchild, great-grandchild, niece, or nephew, by blood or marriage, of a current or former Marine, FMF Corpsman, or FMF Chaplain. The application deadline is March 15, 2021.