How to Apply for Benefits
Applying for Veteran Benefits:
- Apply online at Veterans Affairs
- Visit your nearest VA Regional Office
- Call 1-888-442-4551 to request an application be mailed to you
Applying for Tuition Assistance:
- Seek and obtain approval from ESO, education advisor, or installation commander prior to enrolling or submitting an admissions application to Georgia Northwestern Technical College.
- Visit GoArmyEd to create an account
- Create your "Course Planner" in GoArmyEd
- Register for classes in BannerWeb
- Request Tuition Assistance on GoArmyEd
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- The FAFSA applies to state and federal aid programs.
- Be sure to list GNTC’s school code on your FAFSA, 004024.
- You must file a FAFSA each year to be considered for financial aid.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your and/or your parent’s tax information to your FAFSA. If you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool initially, you can go back and make corrections that may be required.
Georgia Scholarship/Grant Application (GSFAPPS)
- If you only wish to apply for the HOPE Grant/Scholarship Program, you can complete the GSFAAPS application.
Georgia Northwestern Technical College is bound to follow a code of ethics as related to the recruitment of all students, including Service members and their dependents.
Specifically, Georgia Northwestern Technical College will ensure compliance with program integrity requirements consistent with the regulations issued by ED (34 C.F.R 668.71-668.75 and 668.14) related to restrictions on misrepresentation, recruitment, and payment of incentive compensation.
This applies to the educational institution itself and its agents including third-party lead generators, marketing firms, or companies that own or operate the educational institutions.
As part of efforts to eliminate unfair, deceptive, and abusive marketing aimed at Service members Georgia Northwestern Technical College will:
- Ban inducements, including any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, transportation, lodging, meals, or other item having a monetary value of more than a de minimis [defined as "an insignificant amount"] amount, to any individual or entity, or its agents including third-party lead generators or marketing firms other than salaries paid to employees or fees paid to contractors in conformity with all applicable laws for the purpose of securing enrollments of Service members or obtaining access to TA funds. Educational institution sponsored scholarships or grants and tuition reductions available to military students are permissible, and;
- Refrain from providing any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including TA funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance, and;
- Refrain from high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.