Accounts Receivable Accountant, Atlanta, GA
Office Images is seeking an Accounts Receivable Accountant in the Atlanta, GA area.
The Accounts Receivable Accountant is primarily responsible for invoicing and collections. Working closely with the sales team, this position ensures accurate and timely invoicing of sales orders and prompt collection of account receivables achieving seamless support of business operations. Additionally, this role performs monthly bank reconciliations and ensures state sales tax compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond and successfully resolve internal and external inquiries
- Ensure accurate invoicing of customer sales orders
- Identify discrepancies and collaborate with internal teams to resolve
- Process and submit all customer invoicing
- Maintain accurate A/R reports
- Initiate calls to customers pertaining to payment issues and past-due amounts
- Research, reconcile and resolve customer account discrepancies such as open invoices, short payments, and unapplied payments
- Analyze account receivables for bad debt expense
- Setup new customers and vendors in ERP system
- Setup and manage customer 3rd party purchasing and billing systems
- Submit invoicing as necessary through customer 3rd party purchasing and billing systems
- Cash application
- Reconcile bank statements and perform corresponding adjustment journal entries
- Assist with sales tax reconciliation and review to ensure proper filings by 3rd party tax software
- Amend sales tax returns as needed and manage jurisdiction communication
- Maintain proper sales tax exemption certificates and exemption status in 3rd party tax software
- Manage annual report compliance by reviewing annual reports completed by registered agent and reconcile to bills
- Support general functions of accounting team
Tasks and responsibilities may be added or changed from time to time as Management evaluates position for growth and opportunities within the Accounting department.
There is no supervisory responsibility with this position.
Monday thru Friday 8/8:30am to 5/5:30pm with occasional after hours if necessary; Upon mastery of responsibilities and skills, 1-2 day of remote work per week will be considered.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field preferred OR 1-3 years’ experience with account receivables
- Good understanding of commercial collection process
- Basic knowledge of GAAP accounting policies and practices
- Advanced computer skills, including accounting software and financial reporting tools
- Knowledge of Avalara AvaTax and Oracle NetSuite a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys analysis, paying attention to detail, and problem solving
- Self-motivated, stays organized, takes ownership, and shows accountability in performing daily tasks
- Fluent in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Embodies Office Images’ core values of integrity, respect, commitment, and determination
$45,000 - $55,000
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Life and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with up to 4% Company Match
- Paid Time Off - 120 hours (15 days) annually
Interested candidates are asked to email their resumes to Will Chesher, Accounting Manager. Cover letters are optional but recommended. Interested candidates can also email Career Services for additional information.