Career Interests Tests
You can take interest, aptitude, and values inventories at the sites listed below. This will assist you in narrowing your career decisions and help you select a major for your studies. Both sites offer extensive information about Georgia occupations and how to prepare for them.
- Academic Guidance Tool is an easy to use tool which will guide students through their academic career at GNTC.
- VirtualJobShadow.com is a one-stop, multimedia career planning resource that helps at every stage, from career exploration to landing a job. Experience what it’s like to job shadow at top companies, build a resume, find jobs and internships in your career field, and more. To access this great resource, create an account (using your college email address as your username) or simply log in if you already have an account. Click here if you forgot your password.
- Georgia Career Information System
Georgia State University maintains a website that provides Georgia-specific occupational information and an assessment to assist you with career choices. To access the system, log on to http://www.gcic.peachnet.edu/. Click on the top “Click Here to Enter” Icon (looks like a target), and then enter the following (use the password assigned to the campus where you plan to attend):
- Catoosa County Campus User ID: gntcccc, Password: gcis8574
- Floyd County Campus User ID: gntcfcc, Password: gcis621
- Gordon County CampusUser ID: gntcgcc, Password: gcis7505
- Polk County Campus User ID: gntcpcc, Password: gcis7503
- Walker County Campus User ID: gntcwcc, Password: gcis619
- Whitfield County Campus User ID: gntcwmc, Password: gcis7507
Be sure to type the address and passwords exactly as given above. (Note: one is “gcic” and one is “gcis.”) On this page, you can access help with the following:
- Get Started – overview
- Learn About Myself – interest and aptitude inventory
- Learn About Work – Georgia jobs, work conditions and requirements, wages, etc.
- Learn About School – where to get training if required.
- Learn About Employment – how to interview, how to write a resume, and much more.