To assure the success of every student, Georgia Northwestern’s Special Services Department features additional services specializing in:
- Education Opportunity Center - The Southern Appalachian Educational Opportunity Outreach Center provides free career and educational guidance, assistance with college admission, and financial aid counseling.
- Disability Services - Accommodations and assistance are offered to eligible students with documented physical, emotional/mental, hearing, visual, learning, and other health impairments in the areas of: career guidance, academic assessment/placement, assistive classroom technology, interpreters, and referral to community service agencies.
- Special Polulations - The Special Populations program is comprehensive training which prepares single parents, displaced homemakers, and non-traditional students for access to technical education and employment opportunities.
- Workforce Investment Act - WIA is a federally funded work training program that assists students who are currently laid off workers or students that have very low family income.
- Youth Success Academy - The Youth Success Academy is specifically designed for out of school youth that wish to attain a GED and a technical education.