Career Counseling & Support
Are you unsure about your career path? Are you ready to make a career change but are unsure of what direction to take? Free career planning is offered on each Georgia Northwestern Technical College campus to assist you in determining a program of study for which you may be best suited. A visit with a Career Planner will enable you to see the many career choices that await you at GNTC. Whether you are preparing for a new career or updating your work skills, assistance is available to help you make this next step successfully. Among the career services available are career counseling and assessment, career exploration, placement testing, student orientation and student career advisement.
No appointment is needed to meet with a career planner, but you may want to schedule a time to come in so we may prepare for your visit. More information can be obtained about career testing by contacting the Testing Centers at the following numbers:
- Floyd campus at 706-295-6938
- Gordon campus at 706-624-1100
- Polk campus at 770-684-5696
- Walker campus at 706-764-3518
- Whitfield Murray campus at 706-272-2971
Are you unsure about your career path? Are you ready to make a career change but are unsure of what direction to take?
You can take interest, aptitude, and values inventories at the sites listed below. This will assist you in narrowing your career decisions and help you select a major for your studies. Both sites offer extensive information about Georgia occupations and how to prepare for them. The gcic site is Georgia specific and includes average salaries for our state).
- http://www.act.org/profile (Open using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
Follow instructions to set up a personal account.
- VirtualJobShadow.com is a one-stop, multimedia career planning resource that helps at every stage, from career exploration to landing a job. Experience what it’s like to job shadow at top companies, build a resume, find jobs and internships in your career field, and more. To access this great resource, create an account (using your college email address as your username) or simply log in if you already have an account. If you forgot your password, please click here.