Associate Degree Nursing (ADN)
We would like to welcome you as a potential associate degree nursing student! We appreciate your interest in the Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program and wish you the best as you pursue your career goals.
Georgia Northwestern Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The Associate Degree Nursing Program is fully approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Graduates of the ADN program will be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensure exam. Once the graduate passes this national exam, he or she may be licensed by the board of nursing of the state to which application has been made. When the graduate has been licensed, he or she may practice as a registered nurse (RN) in the state in which the license is granted. The state board of nursing may not issue a license to a graduate who has been convicted of a felony. (Please see specific board of nursing websites for these rules).
The classes that graduated in 2008 and 2012 achieved a 100% pass rate on the NCLEX-RN licensing exam, which was higher than the state and national average. 2013 graduates achieved an 80% pass rate on the licensing exam.
Selection for entrance into the nursing program is highly competitive. A point system is used based on grades, entrance exam scores, state of residence, and number of core courses completed. Students must have a calculated GPA of 3.0 on the core courses attempted and a score of 75% or higher on each required component of the HESI Admission Assessment Exam. (See College Catalog on the Georgia Northwestern Technical College website and FAQ below).
- ADN Packet - Generic Track
- ADN Packet - Transition Track
- ADN Student Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions
- LPN-ASN Transition Exam Instructions - Students entering the LPN transition track need to take this exam and the other HESI AV 2 Exam
- HESI AV 2 Entrance Exam Instructions - All Students wishing to enter have to take this exam
ADN Course Sequence
- ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing) - http://www.acenursing.org
- Georgia Board of Nursing - http://sos.ga.gov/
- Tennessee Board of Nursing - http://tn.gov/health/article/nursing-licensure
- American Nurses Association - http://www.nursingworld.org/
- Sigma Theta Tau - http://www.nursingsociety.org/default.aspx
- Pearson Vue - http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/
- The Joint Commission - http://www.jointcommission.org/