GNTC Foundation Scholarships
Apply for Summer 2020 Scholarships!
- Enrollment Date begins: March 3, 2020
- Application Deadline: April 17, 2020
GNTC is pleased to announce a new web interface to be used in applying for Georgia Northwestern Technical College Foundation scholarships. AwardSpring software will facilitate and streamline your scholarship application process.
Helpful Tips Before You Apply
- You can use any browser, as long as it is up to date, including tablets and cell phones.
- Please use your college email address as this is the easiest way to contact you regarding your scholarship application.
- Make sure you know your most recent cumulative GPA - you will be asked to provide this on your application.
- You will need at least one (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer, etc. Recommendation Letters are requested/sent via email through AwardSpring Online during the application process. Your application is not complete without a letter of recommendation.
- Each section of the application saves as you go and you may log in as many times as needed to complete your application
Create an Account
Visit AwardSpring and create an account using your student email address. You will be emailed a link to confirm your registration. Please record your password for future use, as you will use this same account and password to apply each semester.
Based on your GPA, program of study, and other factors specific to your account, you will automatically be matched with scholarships for which you qualify.
GNTC Foundation Scholarships
B.J. Pharr Scholarship
B.J. Pharr Scholarship has been established to reward academic excellence and provide financial assistance for full-time students working toward the completion of a degree in the Respiratory Care Program on the Floyd Campus.
- Award Amount: $500, Fall and Spring Term Awards: 1
The Georgia Northwestern Technical College Foundation Scholarship is for all students enrolled in any program of study leading to a certificate, diploma, or associate degree.
- Award Amount: $500, Awards Per Semester: 2
Created by the family of Vernon & Gaynelle Grizzard for the purpose of providing educational assistance to the children and grandchildren of Southeastern Mills, Inc. employees, residing in Floyd County. The scholarship amount will vary from year to year based on the number of eligible applicants.
- Award Amount: Varies, Awards Per Semester: Varies
Patrick D. Doyle Law Enforcement Scholarship
To reward academic excellence and provide a financial incentive for students working toward the completion of a Basic Law Enforcement certification and a degree in Criminal Justice
- Award Amount: $500, Fall and Spring Term Awards: 1
Rome Home Builders Association Scholarship
The Rome Home Builders Association Scholarship is to reward academic excellence and provide a financial incentive for students working toward the completion of a diploma, degree or certification in Construction-related programs on the Floyd, Gordon (Calhoun) and Polk County (Cedartown) Campuses.
- Award Amount: $500, Fall and Spring Term Awards: 2
Susan Greene Early Childhood Education Scholarship (WCC/CCC)
The purpose of the Susan Lynne Greene Memorial Scholarship is to reward academic excellence and provide a financial incentive for students working toward the completion of a diploma or an associate degree in Early Childhood Education on the Catoosa and Walker County Campuses.
- Award Amount $350, Estimated Awards per Semester: 2
- The Governor Nathan Deal Technical Education Scholarship - Established by the Carpet and Rug Institute to reward academic excellence and provide financial incentive for Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GNTC) Whitfield County Campus (WMC) students working toward the completion of a certificate, diploma, or associate degree in an industrial technologies program. The WMC industrial program groups include Automation Engineering Technology, Chemical Technology, Diesel Equipment Technology, Flooring Production, Industrial Systems Technology, Precision Machining and Manufacturing, Welding and Joining Technology. The Governor Nathan Deal Technical Education Scholarship provides up to $2,500 annually in scholarships to its recipients. Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must be a current GNTC student or a high school (or home school) senior residing in Whitfield, Murray, or Gordon County, in Georgia. Applicants who are currently enrolled at GNTC must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale. Applicants who are not currently enrolled at GNTC must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale. Applicants must enroll as a student in an industrial technologies program of study at the Whitfield Murray Campus of Georgia Northwestern Technical College in Whitfield County, in Georgia. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or naturalized citizen of the United States. Students must complete a scholarship application. Check back frequently at their website for 2020 scholarship application availability.
- Marine Corps League Scholarships - The Jake Puryear Detachment 1020, Marine Corps League is in its fourth year of awarding a college scholarship program available to students whose family member is currently serving or has served in the Marine Corps. The annual $1,000 scholarship is funded by a bequest from the late Sam “Red” Byrd, a Rome Marine who served in World War II, and his wife, the late Mrs. Mae Harbin Byrd. Deadline Friday, February 14, 2020.
- ChaTech Scholarship - The Chattanooga Technology Council (ChaTech) connects the local technology community to help drive economic growth for all. One aspect of our mission is to invest in the region’s technology workforce through events, programs, and scholarships. ChaTech proudly offers these college scholarships to encourage talented individuals to start their information technology careers in Chattanooga. This builds a vibrant tech community for future professionals and companies alike. Check ChaTech Scholarship for 2020 scholarship application availability.
- EGIA Foundation (Electric & Gas Industries Association) is also offering HVACR scholarships. Up to 20 eligible students will be awarded scholarships to pursue an HVACR degree, certificate, and diploma at an accredited community college, technical/vocational school, or approved technical institute. Check their website for the upcoming 2020 scholarship application availability.
Julie Queler Grant Foundation The Julie Queler Foundation was created with the belief that everyone should have a chance to continue their education if they choose to do so. The Julie Queler Foundation is proud to offer an annual $1,000 academic scholarship to help lessen the burden of paying for higher learning for one student each year. Scholarship Amount: $1000 Essay Question: “In your chosen major, what are the barriers to accessing strong role models?” Submission Date: August 1, 2020
NORDSON Builds Scholarship - Technical college students are of high interest to NORDSON and are encouraged to apply. Programs of Study: Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Software) Machining, Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain Management, Business Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Industrial Management, Information Technology and engineering-related STEM majors leading to a career in industry. Check the NORDSON Builds website for 2020 scholarship application availability.
- Rees Scholarship - The Rees Scholarship Foundation offers multiple scholarship programs to support the HVACR industry. Application Deadline June 1, 2019. Check the Rees Scholarship website for 2020 scholarship application availability.
- Surfshark’s Privacy and Security Scholarship – Write the best essay on on-line security and privacy and you stand a chance of winning $2,000 – or a year’s access to the internet’s best VPN service. Essays must be submitted by email to Surfshark. Only one submission is allowed per student. Multiple entries will be disregarded. Your submission must be submitted by November 1, 2019. Employees of Surfshark and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter. 6. All submitted entries become the property of Surfshark. Your submission will be featured on a series of high-profile websites and communication platforms. It’s an outstanding way to showcase your work! On top of that, it would be an impressive addition to the résumé of anyone looking to work in journalism, computer science, law, or a host of other industries.
GNTC Foundation does not bear responsibility for the opportunities available through third-party scholarship providers.