GED Testing Information

General Educational Development or GED®

The General Educational Development Test (GED® Test) is designed to measure the academic skills and knowledge in core content areas acquired in high school completion. A GED® Credential is issued by the State of Georgia through the Technical College System of Georgia to those adults who pass a series of four tests in the following subject areas:

Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA)
Mathematical Reasoning (Math)
Science   
Social Studies

150 minutes
115 minutes
90 minutes
75 minutes 

Those who have not graduated from high school in the United States or Canada or previously earned a GED® diploma and who are at least 18 years old are eligible to test. GED® candidates 19 years old and younger must provide a high school withdrawal document. Underage youth ages 16 and 17 must obtain special permission from the Technical College System of Georgia in order to take the test and will be referred to Adult Education for meeting the requirements.

The fee for GED® Testing is $160 for the full test or $40 per content area. However, test preparation services offered through the Adult Education Program are free. Preregistration is required, and a government-issued photo ID is necessary for registration. To learn more about the GED® credential, go to http://www.tcsg.edu/ged.php or call 1-800-94 MY GED.

GED® Testing

The 2014 GED® Test is completely computer-based and has two score levels per content area. The Minimum Passing Score of 145 demonstrates high school equivalence-level skills and abilities. A Passing Score with Honors of 170 and above demonstrates career- and college-readiness. Test-takers must score a minimum of 145 in each content area test (580 overall) to earn a Georgia GED® Diploma.

Applicants must register, schedule, and pay for tests in advance via http://www.ged.com or 1-877-EXAM GED (open 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST).

The $160 fee for GED® Testing may be paid by Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or money order. A current government issued photo I.D. must be presented at the time of testing. Acceptable forms of I.D. include: driver's license, passport, government I.D. card, or motor vehicle department card which shows name, address, date of birth, signature and photograph.

Transcripts and diplomas will be sent to the mailing address of those who pass the GED® Tests. GED® Graduation ceremonies are conducted annually.

Computer-based testing is made possible through a partnership with the GED® Testing Service, the Georgia GED® Testing Program of the Technical College System of Georgia, local official GED® Testing Centers, and Pearson Vue.

GED® Testing Schedule

For testing information, call one of the offices below:

• CCC - 706-764-3817
  • FCC - 706-295-6975
  • GCC - 706-624-1111
  • PCC -  706-295-6975
  • WCC - 706-764-3817
  • WMC - 706-272-2909