Transfer & Transient Students
A student in good standing at another institution may enroll as a transient student at Georgia Northwestern Technical College by completing the following:
- Submit a completed application form to the Admissions Office.
- Pay a $20 non-refundable application fee.
- Present a Transient Letter from the proper official of the home institution giving the student permission to enroll at Georgia Northwestern Technical College.
Applicants previously enrolled in one or more institutions of higher education who wish to enroll in a credit program can be admitted when the following are submitted to the Admissions Office:
- A completed application form.
- A $20 non-refundable application fee.
- An official high school transcript or GED® scores. If the transcript is in a language other than English, the transcript must be evaluated for equivalency by an approved evaluation agency. If an applicant has an associate degree or a baccalaureate degree, a high school transcript is not required.
- Official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and technical colleges previously attended.
- Satisfactory scores on the ACCUPLACER, SAT, ACT or equivalent program-level English and math coursework with a "C" or better may be used in lieu of completing the placement test.