Robert L. Berry named newest Board of Directors member at GNTC
Attorney Robert L. (Bob) Berry, a senior partner of Brinson Askew Berry, was recently sworn in as Georgia Northwestern Technical College’s (GNTC) newest Board of Directors member by Stuart Phillips, interim president of GNTC, at the June meeting held on the Whitfield Murray Campus in Dalton.
Berry has served as a partner for Brinson Askew Berry since 1975. He focuses on medical malpractice, professional and insurance defense and his firm is located in Rome.
Berry is a member of the Rome Bar Association and served as president in 1978; member of the State Bar of Georgia (Trustee, Institute of Continued Legal Education 1992-94); member of the American Bar Association; fellow of the Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys; fellow of the American Academy of Healthcare Attorneys; member of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Institute; fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers; and Designated Georgia Super Lawyer, 2004 to present
An active member of the community, Berry is a member of the Exchange Club of Rome since 1973 and served as president in 1978; president of the Greater Rome Chamber of Commerce, 1989; participant in Leadership Rome, 1984; participant in Leadership Georgia, 1987; member of the Board of Directors for the Coosa Country Club, 1984-88; chairman of the Board of Directors for Rebecca Blaylock Nursery, 1984-88; president of the Board of Directors for Open Door Home, 2006-13; vestryman and senior warden of St. Peters Episcopal Church, 1990-93 and 2006-09; member of the Board of Visitors at Emory University, 1999-2005; member of the Board of Trustees at Darlington School, 1998-2004; founding director and chairman of the Board for Greater Community Bank, 1995-present; member of the Board of Trustees for Redmond Regional Medical Center, 1976 to present; member of the Board of Directors for Georgia Northwestern, 2002-12, chairman 2009-10; chairman of the NAIA Football National Championship Host Committee, 2008-13; and member of the Gridiron Secret Society at the University of Georgia.
Berry received a juris doctorate degree from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1973 and a bachelor’s degree from Emory University in 1968. He graduated from Darlington School in 1964 and was the Honor Council President and received the Faculty Medal for General Excellence.
Listed are members of GNTC’s Board of Directors showing (left to right) the Board member’s name, county, place of employment, and title:
- Rhonda Beasley, Walker, Roper Corporation, manager of Human Resources
- Robert L. (Bob) Berry, Floyd, Brinson Askew Berry
- Robert Bradham, Whitfield, Greater Dalton Chamber of Commerce, president and CEO
- Vann Brown, Whitfield, Brown Ox Ventures, Inc., president
- Dr. James Cantrell, Dade, Dade County Board of Education, director of School Operations
- James “Jay” Henry, Catoosa, Shaw Industries, director of Operations Support
- Albert “Al” Hodge, Floyd, Hodge Consulting
- Paul Meredith, Chattooga, Mohawk, director of Manufacturing
- William “Terry” Nesbitt, Gordon, U. S. Army, retired Major General
- Robert “Bob” Owens, Floyd, OTR Wheel Engineering, Inc., chief financial officer
- Brittany Pittman, Murray
- Kenna Stock, Floyd, Harbin Clinic, chief executive officer
- Michele Taylor, Gordon, Calhoun City Schools, superintendent
- John Thomas, Whitfield, Dalton Utilities, chief energy services officer
- Cassandra Wheeler, Floyd, Georgia Power, northwest regional director
- Dr. Phillip Williams, Chattooga, Trion City Schools, superintendent
Georgia Northwestern Technical College provides quality workforce education to the citizens of Northwest Georgia. Students have the opportunity to earn an associate degree, diploma, or a certificate in business, health, industrial, or public service career paths. This past year, 12,785 people benefited from GNTC’s credit and noncredit programs. With an annual credit enrollment of 7,499 students, GNTC is the largest college in Northwest Georgia. GNTC has an additional enrollment of 5,286 people through adult education, continuing education, business and industry training, and Georgia Quick Start. GNTC is a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia and an Equal Opportunity Institution.
# # #
Marketing Media Specialist